From €60,- stroopwafel baking – cheese tasting – 6 participants or more –
Tours on request
When: All year through. Nice in fall/ winter season. Combined in spring/ summer with Gouda cheese market
Meeting point: in front of De Waag, Gouda
Duration: 4 hours (approx)
Costs: Groups of 6 or more starting at €60.00 p.p.
- Cheese tasting
- Me as your local Dutch, English- & Spanish speaking guide
- Stroopwafel baking workshop
- Meeting cheese specialists & stroopwafel bakers
- Cheese making
- Visit cheese farm
After you’ve filled in the form below:
- You’ll receive an email with answer to your questions. It will also state date & timing of your Gouda food tour and will have a request for payment.
- After I’ve received your payment, you’ll receive more information on where we meet and how to get there.
- On the day of the tour, be on time. In case you’re late, please communicate your expected time of arrival.
- Verita’s Visit ‘s Holland city and Dutch countryside tours are personal and can be customised to adapt the tour or event to your needs and wishes.
- The content of this Gouda group activity is subject to change.
In this 4-hour Gouda group tour you’ll meet local cheese specialists & stroopwafel bakers. Taste Gouda, bake a stroopwafel!
Factory & farm cheese tasting
The Gouda food tour is a mouthwatering city walk that makes you taste the best of the Gouda, city of cheese and stroopwafels – syrup waffles- We start on the main square for a visit to the weighing house where you find out how farmers’ cheese is made and traded for over centuries. When you have seen enough, it’s time to test your Gouda cheese knowledge with a small cheese tasting. Are you able to differentiate the ages and farmers’cheese from factory cheese?
Stroopwafel baking workshop
While your food guide tells you about the city and its food, you can smell the sweet scent of stroopwafels. Your next stop is a stroopwafel bakery. Now it’s time to get your hands dirty! Bake that fresh, warm & yummie syrup waffle and listen to the tasty stories of the syrup waffle baker.
With your fingers still sticky of caramel syrup you say goodbye to the baker and follow your guide through the cosy streets full of artisanal shops. Your guide introduces you to the shop owners and they make you taste all different Holland cheeses, syrup waffles and other Dutch delicacies.
It’s a great sweet and savory experience for the whole family!
Also check out this blogpost for an impression
Also have a look at: other teambuilding & group activities Gouda